Volunteers and Interns play a vital role in sustaining and developing our programs and initiatives which make a difference in the lives of youth and their families. The Afri-Can FoodBasket could not exist without this essential support.
Volunteers are provided with many different ways to serve: supporting garden based projects, developing curriculum kits and materials, supporting garden club, getting your hands dirty in one of our community gardens, and much more.
Some of our volunteer opportunities are listed at the bottom of this page. When you’re ready, please fill out our quick and easy volunteer application.
If you are representing a school, ecumenical group, business or corporation that is interested in participating in a group event, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, by clicking here.
- Work on community gardens/ farms
- Community composting
- Food Animation at schools & organizations
- Website maintenance
- Newsletter editing/brochure & flyer design
- Harvest farm produce
- Produce Vendor at community garden markets/harvest festivals
- Help with cooking classes for children & youth
- Participate in Community Outreach food programs
- Grant writing